Click to Call
Lee Insurance Agency LLC

119 W South Railroad St, PO Box 1212
Four Oaks, NC 27524

RV Insurance in North Carolina

The state of North Carolina requires RV owners to carry a minimum liability insurance policy in order to legally operate on the public roadway. That means if you want to enjoy the freedom provided by your second home on wheels, you need to get a policy to cover your RV. At Lee Insurance Agency LLC in Four Oaks, NC we can help you get the policy that's right for you and your vehicle so you can get on the road with peace of mind in place. Following is a look at RV insurance regulations in North Carolina.

Common Types of Recreational Vehicles That Require Insurance

Not sure if your RV is of a type that needs insurance? Here's a list of the vehicles that the state of North Carolina considers to be RVs:

  • Class A RV
  • Class B camper van
  • Class C RV
  • Travel trailer
  • Pop-up tent trailer
  • Fifth wheel RV trailer

If you own a vehicle that's not a traditional RV but has been repurposed for use as temporary living quarters, you have to register the vehicle as an RV with the state and get RV insurance.

North Carolina Minimum Insurance Requirements for RVs

The state of North Carolina requires a minimum liability policy for RVs to contain coverage that includes:

  • $30,000 bodily injury per person
  • $60,000 bodily injury per accident
  • $25,000 property damage coverage per accident
  • $30,000 uninsured motorist coverage per person
  • $60,000 uninsured motorist coverage per accident
  • $25,000 uninsured motorist property damage coverage per accident

You may find that the minimum insurance requirements aren't enough to give you peace of mind. At Lee Insurance Agency LLC, we offer comprehensive coverage that goes above and beyond the coverage of a minimum liability policy.

Call Us Today at Lee Insurance Agency LLC for More Information

Contact us at our insurance agency in Four Oaks, NC to learn more about insuring your RV. We can find you a policy that provides the right amount of coverage for your RV so you can safely explore the state and the U.S.

Partner Carriers

  • AAA
  • American Modern
  • ASI
  • Cabrillo Coastal
  • Dairyland
  • Foremost
  • Hagerty
  • Kemper
  • MetLife
  • monthly payment plan
  • National General
  • NC Grange
  • Progressive
  • RLI
  • Safeco
  • The Hartford
  • Tower Hill
  • Travelers
  • Universal Property & Casualty
  • UPC
  • Wright Flood