Click to Call
Lee Insurance Agency LLC

119 W South Railroad St, PO Box 1212
Four Oaks, NC 27524

Do I Need a Separate Insurance Policy if I Use My Vehicle For Work?

Whether you travel to see clients for a company, run an on-demand or freelance business, or use your vehicle for some other job-related reason, your personal auto insurance policy in North Carolina will most likely not cover business-related accidents and incidents. A single accident while driving for business in a personal vehicle could cost you thousands of dollars in unexpected costs.  The agents at Lee Insurance Agency LLC can guide you on protecting yourself.

Hired and Non-Owned Auto Coverage (HNOA)

Not having the proper vehicle insurance in place is a common mistake many small businesses make because they don’t have a fleet of delivery trucks, work vans or similar vehicles. Even if you only use personal vehicles for business purposes, you should consider an HNOA to protect yourself and any employees. Consider one of these policies if you do the following:

  • Visiting clients
  • Make small deliveries or pick up supplies
  • Run business errands
  • Transporting work tools or small equipment

Who Needs Additional Business Auto Insurance?

Many businesses do not provide company vehicles for their employees. If yours does not, ask whether they have insurance coverage for vehicle use while working. Freelancers and independent contractors should also consider an HNOA policy to avoid unexpected costs.

Rideshare and food delivery drivers typically are not covered under their parent company’s insurance policy. Others who may need coverage include:

  • Cleaning workers
  • Food service workers
  • Construction workers
  • Freelance journalists and writers

Remember, if you drive for business and don’t have some kind of commercial auto policy, you are essentially driving uninsured and are at risk.

The agents at Lee Insurance Agency LLC, serving North Carolina, can help you select a suitable policy to cover your business driving needs. Contact us today to get started on this essential protection.

Partner Carriers

  • AAA
  • American Modern
  • ASI
  • Cabrillo Coastal
  • Dairyland
  • Foremost
  • Hagerty
  • Kemper
  • MetLife
  • monthly payment plan
  • National General
  • NC Grange
  • Progressive
  • RLI
  • Safeco
  • The Hartford
  • Tower Hill
  • Travelers
  • Universal Property & Casualty
  • UPC
  • Wright Flood